Saturday, June 5, 2010

2006 Louis Jadot Chambolle-Musigny (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny)

Not one to ever be pigeon holed as a cab only guy, I like to venture out of my comfort zone from time to time, and yes, although those times are far and few, I can live with that.
This has wonderful powdery red color with the almost imperceptible brick edges. The nose gives very little, but what little there is is joyous. Pretty spring flowers amidst some wonderful huckleberry, sassafras and sun warmed river rocks. Some red cherry, some black cherry, and a hint of soy that really never lets up. Gorgeous and elegant, this is really a 90 degree turn or my regular drink, but I can appreciate the change-up. It's balanced with such a lilthy acidic bounce, the tannins are meshed and complicated well beyond what I would have expected. A super long finish that last minutes, this really is a pretty wine. For $29, I can see how well it fits into my repertoire for summer enjoyment. (91 pts.)

No comments: