Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2002 Emilio's Terrace Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville)

20 minute decant. Crimson-black with carmine edges. The nose is all currant, black cherry & graphite. The palate reveals some expressive notes of cocoa, cassis, kirsch royal, black plum, & creamy plush stuff, all good. the tannins seem resolved and balance really tight. There is some good symmetry going on here, some goood structure in the middle weight fighting category. Class is evident. Some cola pops in Mid-palate and a hint of cedar & mint show themselves. A decent finish all in all. If I had to find fault (and why would I?) I would say somewhat 'typical', but maybe that's not a flaw at all. A pretty nice example of a 2002 Napa cab and I would expect no less when the word 'Reserve' is on the label (maybe that's why I went a-lookin'). A great deal from this past summers Winebid bonanza and pretty good qpr for $25 per. 91 pts

No comments: