Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2008 Congruence Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

From the pick up party earlier today:
This has really became the sum of all the parts I tasted a bit back as barrel components. Its dark and sexy with great backbone and some real Coombsville character, (a character I am learning more & more about all the time). This was a bit closed at first, but after about 30 minutes it opened nicely. There is a silkiness about it this that stems from the fruit, always showcasing its purity. Theres some black currant, black cherry and hints of cool cola, this had some power within the elegance that really catches and holds your attention. It has some great balance which displays the iron fist/velvet glove thing nicely. Did I say it was sexy? It was. Once this sheds its baby fat this will really be an amazing bottle. I am going to try and hold back opening my first bottle for a bit, but it will be tough.

No comments: