Saturday, June 25, 2011

1997 Château Latour Grand Vin (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)

Served blind. Not sure how long it was decanted, but it was. A pretty garnet color with hints of age. Nose said most definitely bordeaux, ok, lets' play. This had some nice fruits both red and black with some pure cassis and blackberry, but the real story on this was it's elegance, finesse and purity. It had some soil, leather and a hint of tar. There was some lead pencil in the background as well. A long finish kept be beckoning me for more. Time to place feet in mouth, but strangely I did ok on this night: I said older bordeaux maybe 15 years and from Pauillac! Most surely left bank and knowing the host, a possible ringer fro a First Growth. I then changed my Guess of age to older, maybe an 1986 or 1989. Unveil and yes sir, let me try it again!

No comments: